International students interested to study in Sweden must have financial ability to live during their study in Sweden. How much money do you need to show?  When you plan to study overseas number one concern is finance and costs. International students interested to study in Sweden must have a clear financial budget for their duration of the study and stays in Sweden. Non-EU students usually need study visa and for that reason, they have another big question in mind is that ”How much money do I need to show in my bank statement”. In this blog we will cover A to Z money matters during your study period in Swede.

  • Bank Statement (Sponsor Money)
  • Living Costs
  • Foods
  • Books and Stationary
  • Recreation

Student from Bangladesh should prepare in advance for the Sweden university admission and visa processing. Visa Hub BD agency helping Bangladeshi students with the admission and visa process for Sweden from Bangladesh.

Bank Statement (Sponsor Money)

If you are a student of outside the European Union you should look at this sponsor money matters. You need to prove that you have sufficient funds available to study and live in Sweden using your personal bank statement. Now the question on your mind who could be the sponsor e.g parents, siblings, uncle or aunt. The answer is no one. You’ve to be your own ‘sponsor’ according to Swedish Migration Agency.

Amount: When you apply for the study permit and visa to Sweden you must provide financial information by providing your personal bank statement. All applicants must prove they can afford their living expenses during their studies. The amount is 8,064 (Swedish Croner) SEK per month.

Study periodYou must have at leastYour husband, wife or cohabiting partner must have at leastSupport requirement per child
6 monthsSEK 48,384 kronor (6 x SEK 8,064)SEK 21,000 (6 x SEK 3,500)SEK 12,600 (6 x SEK 2,100)
12 monthsSEK 80,640 (10 x SEK 8,064)SEK 42,000 (12 x SEK 3,500)SEK 25,200 (12 x SEK 2,100)
13 monthsSEK 88,704 (11 x SEK 8,064)SEK 45,500 (13 x SEK 3,500)SEK 27,300 (13 x 2,100)

Source: Swedish Migration Board.

Please note if your course is 12 months or more you must secure your fund for 10 months for each year. For example, if your course duration is 24 months then count it for 20 months living expenses need to show in your bank statement. For your own convenience convert SEK to your local currency e.g USD, BDTK, INR, GBP, EURO.

For Bangladeshi students, average 1 SEK equivalent to 10.11 BDT more or less. This rate always fluctuate so make sure you check everyday bank rate for your own good.

For any further assistance about maintenance fund or application to study in Sweden feel free to contact Visa Hub BD or comments below.